Not all construction projects are completed on time and within budget in an ideal world. Inadequate planning and execution are frequently to blame for delays and cost overruns.
This C.H. Paving & Seal Coating article will explore how efficient HMA transport can help your project run more smoothly.
What is HMA Transport?
HMA transportation entails all activities and equipment involved in moving HMA from a manufacturing plant to a paving site, including truck loading, weighing, and ticketing, hauling to the paving site, mix dumping into the paver, or material transfer vehicle hopper, and truck return to the HMA production facility.
How Does Efficient HMA Transport Help Pavement Projects?
There are several ways that HMA transport can help pavements projects:
- It can help avoid delays caused by traffic or bad weather.
- It can help reduce costs by eliminating the need for multiple trips to the worksite.
- It can help improve safety by reducing the time workers spend on the job site.
- It can help ensure that the asphalt is delivered fresh and at the correct temperature.
- It can help reduce waste and cleanup costs.
- It can help avoid damage to the asphalt caused by improper handling.
- It improves the quality of your pavement project by delivering the asphalt directly to the worksite.
Things to keep in mind before considering using HMA transport
There are a few things to keep in mind if you’re considering using HMA transport for your next pavement project.
Hire a Reputable Company:
First and foremost, it’s essential to hire a reputable company with experience. It will ensure that the process goes smoothly and your project is completed on time and within budget.
Check Local Regulations:
Before hiring a company for HMA transportation, be sure to verify your local rules. There may be some restrictions that you need to be aware of.
Consider the Weather:
The weather can also play a role in whether or not HMA transport is suitable for your project. For example, if it’s raining or snowing, the process may need to be delayed until conditions improve.
Tips to help make sure Your HMA makes it to the ground:
Here are some tips to help ensure that your HMA arrives at the worksite and is properly applied:
- Make sure the trucks are correctly loaded and secured.
- Use a release agent on the truck bed to help prevent sticking.
- Tarp the load to protect it from the elements.
- Review the plant ticket before leaving to ensure you have the right mix.
- Line up at the plant and stay in order as you go. It will help ensure that each truck gets the right mix.
HMA transport is an important step that can help you avoid many common problems associated with pavement projects. Using efficient HMA transport, you can ensure that your project is completed quickly and on schedule!
Get your free quote to discover how much time and money we may save your company.